Tuesday 17 January 2012

A message to Carlos - a bit of culture.

My reply to Carlos, advising him on some of the local culture!


Hey Carlos baby!!

I just logged on to email you and you had beat me to it! I was overjoyed to hear from you again.

I am so glad you arrived safely and that everything is going to plan for you. It certainly is an expensive time for you Carlos. I do hope the company you will be working for will refund you the money you have had to spend. If not, I fear you will be seriously out of pocket.

So, besides the business side of your trip, have you managed to see any of the sights in Senegal? I hear the The IFAN Museum is an amazing place to visit should you find yourself with some free time. Lively, imaginative displays show masks and traditional dress across the region (including Mali, Guinea-Bissau, Benin and Nigeria) and provide an excellent overview of styles, without bombarding you with more than you can take in. The museum is a testimony to former President Senghor's interest in promoting African art and culture. You can also see beautiful fabrics and carvings, drums, musical instruments and agricultural tools. Sounds fantastic doesn't it Carlos? I do so like a bit of culture. I hope that when we are finally together, that our lives will include many trips to museums, galleries and lectures.

Right Carlos, it is late and I too need to sleep. I have had a busy day doing a charity custard bath for the sheep refuge ( I raised £78.67, two buttons and a couple of chocolate coins)  and tomorrow I am meeting with some designers with a view to them fashioning some arms for my new venture.

Take care my darling sweet man. May tomorrow bring you love, luck and happiness in bucketfulls!

Your ever lovingand devoted Tess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment