Wednesday 28 December 2011

A message to Carlos - could he ever love a wonky woman?

I thought it was about time that Carlos knew the full extent of my tragic accident. I just hope he can find it in his heart to sill love me now I am minus a foot.


My dearest darling Carlos.

I do hope you can forgive me for my prolonged absence from contacting you. The last few weeks have been an utter nightmare Carlos, only thoughts of you have kept me sane. Had it not been for a picture of you that I keep in my purse, I fear I would have gone insane. Being able to look at your gorgeous face made me keep fighting and kept my spirits up.

I did send you a quick email explaining that I had had an accident and would reply later and I never did. For this I apologise. This is because I was taken back into hospital and had no interent access.

I shall now explain the awful details of what happened to me.

Remember I told you all about the sheep refuge that I help out at? The refuge had a call about some sheep that were no longer being productive in the wool department and were being sent to slaughter. They agreed that they would collect and home them at the refuge and asked me if I would drive the van to  pick them up. As I had a free afternoon I said I would. I do so like to help out when I can :) Sadly, my giving nature was to become my downfall.

I safely loaded the sheep into the special van and made sure they were secured into their individual harnesses. I thought I would just have a 5 minute sit down before setting off and eat my sandwhich I had made for my lunch. It can be quite hard work loading the sheep as they are feisty little things! I spotted some pigs in pen further across the farm yard so went to have a little look. I do love pigs Carlos! Their snubby little noses and piggy eyes are just so adorable don't you think?  The pigs all came rushing towards the fence when they saw me approach and I just couldn't help but climb into their pen to give them a fuss. Sometimes I am just too soft for my own good lol! Being the softy that I am, I ended up sharing my sandwhich with them. Who'd have thought that pigs would like hummous, grated carrot and chinese leaf? Anyway, the pigs seemed starving so I thought I would go back to the van and get some more bits of food for them ( there was a stash of crisps, biscuits and canapes left by the last driver) As I climbed over the fence, my left foot became wedged between the bars and I fell forward. I must have hit my head and knocked myself unconscious as I cannot remember anything of what happened next.

I awoke sometime later to find myself with my foot still stuck in the fence but in extreme agony. I could barely belive what I was seeing! The pigs were eating my foot! They had chewed clean through my boot and made a meal of my poor foot. I had lost 2 and a half toes, most of my heel and the ball of by foot was now a gaping hole! I cannot even begin to describe the pain I was in. I managed to get my phone out of my pocket and call an ambulance. I was drifiting in and out of consciousness, helpless and alone Carlos. I was so very scared. Oh Carlos, I though I was going to die. The ambulance men managed to distract the pigs by throwing some apples into their pen and as they all rushed to eat them, they freed my foot and dragged me to safety. They gave me morphine for the pain and rushed me to hospital. On the way there, they told me how lucky I was. I can tell you that I didn't feel very lucky! Apparently, an old lady had been eaten by pigs on her way home from playing bingo so I guess I had a pretty lucky escape. Here is a link to the story in the news.

Woman eaten by pig

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the doctors were marvelous. They patched up my foot and assured me that all would be well. Unfortunately, it became badly infected and had to be amputated. I know this must come as a terrible shock to you Carlos. I have now had time to come to terms with my fate and the sad fact that I shall be a one footed woman for the rest of my life. The big question is, Carlos, my darling Carlos, could you ever truely love a lady who has only one foot? Could you want to spend your life with a wonky woman, a hobbling girl? The thought of you and I living our lives together eventually has given me hope. I know you are a true gentleman Carlos, a man of his word, an honest and noble man. I just pray that you don't turn your back on me now that I am no longer complete. Losing my foot changes nothing. I am still a woman of passion and need a man like you in my life Carlos.

Losing my foot has given me an idea for a new business too so it's not all bad. False limbs are just so ugly! I intend working with some local designers and poets to produce a range of beautiful to look at, false limbs for the more descerning amputee. "Poetic, Aesthetic Prosthetics" will combine high end design with inspirational text to produce a beautiful yet practical prosthetics. My mind is a whirl of ideas and I feel exciting times ahead Carlos, I really do!  Who would have thought that such a tragic accident could lead to such an amazing  money making opportunity? Heather Mills (the ex Mrs Paul McCartney) has already said that she would love to be a spokesperson on our behalf and Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen has agreed to allow us to use some of their lyrics on our limbs. Can you imagine the lyrics from 'Let's get rocked', expertly hand painted on a leg?

"Oh, all I wanna do is take a ride into the blue
Ev'ry time I want to love you I get stuck inside my room
Heaven knows I'm sick'n'tired of dancin' with this broom "

Inspirational stuff eh?

Well my darling, I have to go and do my physiotherapy now. I am determined to keep going and not be brought down by this. Pigs may have taken my foot but they will never take my fighting spirit or dignity! NEVER!!

I can't wait to hear from you again Carlos, I love and miss you so very very much.

All my love and devotion

Tess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS You're not an acrotomophile by any chance are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment