Monday 6 February 2012

Snowed in with broken internets ~ a message to Carlos

He's been patient so I thought I'd send him a quick reply. I am snowed in and going nowhere including the bank!!



Hello my gorgeous husband to be!!


Sorry for not being in touch with you for a few days. It has been a complete nightmare here! I don't know if you have managed to see the news for the UK but we have been hit by the most terrible weather. Here in Slutsbury~in~Gussett we had the most unbelevable snow storm I have ever experienced. The sheer intensity and volume of snow broke the internets. The poles holding it up were brought crashing down, damaging the cables and making the internets well and truely broken. The phone lines were also damaged so I have had no contact with the outside world for 3 days now.


The villiage in which I live is down in a valley so we were hit very hard by the snow rolling down the hills and gathering at the bottom. My house is a large detached house with no immediate neighbours so i was very isolated. I soon became completely snowed in. The snow reached up above the ground floor windows in massive drifts and I couldn't get out of the house. Even if I could have escaped, I woudn't have got very far with my missing foot. Oh Carlos, I was so scared. Snowed in, all alone and with no form of contact available to me.


I wrote a note and put it in an envelope tied to a loop of string which I managed to hook round the neck of one of the sheep in my garden by leaning out of the upstairs window and using one of my crutches as a kind of fishing rod. But Carlos, as much as I love sheep, they are dumb creatures and the stupid animal just stood there instead of going for help. I suppose I cant blame the sheep really. After all, it's not a carrier pigeon is it? Thankfully I had enough food in the house to see me through so have managed to eat and keep warm. This morning, at long last, the internets have been fixed so my first thought was to contact you. I am still snowed in so can't get anywhere at the moment which is a pain. Hopefully either the snow will melt or someone will come and dig me out soon.



Take care Carlos and I shall be in touch soon


All my love


Tess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment